EF 305: Equity and Executive Function
This course investigates how bias, equity, and Executive Function play a role in educating today’s students. You can choose to complete it in one or many sessions individually or as a group. Included in each module is a Reflect and Apply section to facilitate discussions.
- Define equity, bias, and socioeconomic status (SES)
- Review the basics of Executive Function
- Explore how bias may be implicit or explicit and how it may be expressed by individuals
- Understand the effects of bias and SES on academic achievement and how Executive Function can counteract those effects
- Explore ways to address equity in the classroom
Three (3) contact hours will be provided upon completion of this course.*
*Continuing education regulations vary by state. It is your responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for your licensing state, which may include pre-approval of qualified professional development and training opportunities.