EF 203: Instructional Strategies for Optimizing Executive Function Growth
Executive Function (EF) skills are essential for most tasks that your students (and you!) will do throughout the day. It develops over time and with appropriate strategies, it can be taught and learned throughout a lifetime. By using intervention strategies in your classroom, it will support ALL learners both academically and social emotionally.
This course on building and improving Executive Function skills will draw upon existing scientific literature, illustrative videos, and interactive discussions to help participants gain a deeper understanding of EF skills and how to support them in children. The material will highlight general principles for using EF activities in the classroom and specific ideas for merging EF support with existing curricular and programmatic goals.
- Review the basics of Executive Function
- Understand key takeaways from existing research on EF interventions
- Discuss how to support EF development through supportive surroundings and encouraging mindfulness and reflection
- Understand how play, toys, games, STEAM, and classroom activities can support EF development
- Understand how to implement EF strategies in the classroom