Introduction to Executive Function
- Understand and discuss the influence of experience on brain development and behavior.
- Define and discuss Executive Function and its development in childhood.
- Understand why Executive Function is important for learning and school success.
- Understand how Executive Function is measured in early childhood and how data can drive instruction.
- Identify ways to promote the healthy development of Executive Function.
Intervention Strategies for Success: PreK - Grade 5
- Understand the background of Executive Function (EF).
- Understand key takeaways from existing research on Executive Function intervention.
- Define how to support Executive Function through supportive surroundings and encouraging mindfulness and reflection.
- Understand how play, games, and classroom activities can support Executive Function development.
- Understand how to implement intervention strategies in the classroom for student success.
*Note: Continuing education regulations vary by state. It is your responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for your licensing state, which may include pre-approval of qualified professional development and training opportunities.