Welcome to Instructional Strategies for Optimizing Executive Function Growth
This course on building and improving Executive Function skills will draw upon existing scientific literature, illustrative videos, and interactive discussions to help participants gain a deeper understanding of EF skills and how to support them in children. The material will highlight general principles for using EF activities in the classroom and specific ideas for merging EF support with existing curricular and programmatic goals.
You can choose to complete it in one or many sessions individually or as a group. Included in each module is a Reflect and Apply section to facilitate discussions.
(To learn more about our courses or enroll in EF 202, click here.)
- Review the basics of Executive Function
- Understand key takeaways from existing research on EF interventions
- Discuss how to support EF development through supportive surroundings and encouraging mindfulness and reflection
- Understand how play, toys, games, STEAM, and classroom activities can support EF development
- Understand how to implement instructional strategies in the classroom
This course includes formative assessments after each module as well as a final assessment upon completion of all content. Get started by clicking on Module 1: Review of Executive Function below!